Offered through a partnership between Nextep and Nationwide, pet insurance allows you to provide an array of services for your pet's health care and wellness, saving you money.
Pet insurance is offered in two tiers of coverage: plus and platinum. Both options have an annual $250 deductible and $7,500 annual maximum benefit.
The platinum plan includes comprehensive wellness services that include shots, teeth cleanings, and spay/neuter procedures. Otherwise, the plans are the same.
Pet insurance covers many services, including:
- Accidents, poisoning, and allergic reactions
- Injuries, including cuts, sprains, and broken bones
- Common illness, including ear infections, vomiting, and diarrhea
- Serious or chronic illness, including cancer and diabetes
- Procedures and services, including surgeries, RX medications, therapeutic diets, hospitalization, X-rays, MRIs, and CT scans
- Hereditary and congenital conditions
- Platinum plan only: wellness services including exams, vaccinations, preventive dental cleaning, spray/neuter, flea/tick prevention, heartworm testing & prevention, routine blood tests
Download a printable summary of the plan:
Watch this video for a quick overview of pet insurance!
Answers to your questions
Questions? We have answers! Here are your most frequent pet insurance questions.
Q: What if I have multiple pets?
A: Our plan can help. Sign up each pet with individual plans and receive a volume discount.
Q: Are pre-existing conditions covered?
A Unfortunately, no. Like all pet insurers, pre-existing conditions are not covered.
Q: Is my bunny Cottontail covered?
A: Yes! Pet insurance covers a wide number of species, from ferret, to snake, to cockatiel, and more.
For a customized quote on your rabbit, reptile, or exotic pet, please call 888-899-4874.
Q: How do I enroll?
A: Because each pet is different, enrollment is a bit different.
Begin by visiting petinsurance.com/nextep to get a customized quote for your cat or dog. If you have another species of animal, call 888-899-4874. You can enroll or terminate pet insurance at any time for any reason on a month-to-month basis.
Q: What is the vet helpline?
A: Nationwide's pet helpline offers free advice to members from veterinary experts by calling 877-738-7874. Call any time for guidance on pet concerns. Have this info ready when calling:
- Policy number
- Pet's current health condition and medications
- Symptoms and duration
- Package label, if a substance was ingested
Q: How do I make a claim?
A: Nationwide's pet helpline offers free advice to members from veterinary experts by calling 877-738-7874. Call the helpline at any time for guidance on pet concerns. Have this info ready:
Nationwide Claims Dept.
PO Box 2344
Brea, CA 92822-2344
Nextep's benefits department is here to help!
Do you have more questions about our benefits? Log in to your account and chat with us, call 888-811-5150, or submit your question here.