Identity Theft Protection
17.6 million people have experienced identity theft (bjs.gov). In partnership with ID Watchdog, Nextep offers ID theft protection that goes beyond the basic coverage that banks or credit cards offer, typically at a fraction of the cost.
Coverage is offered at two levels: platinum and plus. Both plans offer comprehensive identity monitoring and resolution services, with the added benefit of your credit report and score with the platinum plan.
Nextep's ID theft protection plan provides a number of protective measures and resolutions, including:
- Proactive monitoring of public records to detect new cases of ID theft
- Monitoring of Ntl Change of Address, high-risk transactions, & non-credit loan databases
- Internet black market & hacker surveillance that scans websites that buy/sell personal info
- Identity restoration, 100% guaranteed in new incidents under ID Watchdog's protection
- Credit report monitoring that notifies you when changes are recorded
- National provider identifier alerts for activity that indicates potential fraud
- Up to $1 million expense reimbursement coverage
- Platinum plan only: credit report and score, reflecting your credit file and score
Download a printable summary of the plan:
Answers to your questions
Questions? We have answers! Here are your most frequent ID theft protection questions.
Q: How is this different from my bank's credit protection?
A: ID theft protection offers comprehensive identity monitoring and resolution services that go beyond the basic coverage that banks/credit cards offer.
A two-step verification process is used, your data is encrypted, and you will be alerted to suspicious activity in real-time.
Q: Should I have ID theft coverage for my children?
A Yes. According to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), because children have no credit history, their identities can easily be used by identity thieves and go undetected for years.
Identity theft can be devastating for children, as it affects their ability to get student loans, scholarships, jobs, and credit cards.
Q: How do I know if my ID is safe?
A: When you enroll, you'll receive a welcome email from ID Watchdog, advising you that your monitoring has begun. The email will provide instructions on how to register your online accounts.
Monitoring includes email and SMS notifications, allowing you to opt-in for email or text alerts.
You'll receive a green alert email every month if there is no suspicious activity detected, as a status update.
Q: What if my ID is compromised?
A: If ID Watchdog detects suspicious activity related to your identity, they will immediately notify you several ways:
- Immediate red alert email & follow-up at end of month
- Text message (if you have opted in)
- Ongoing collaboration. ID Watchdog's customer care center is available 24/7 at 866-513-1518. If the activity is suspicious, they'll discuss their customized plan to fix it for you.
Nextep's benefits department is here to help!
Do you have more questions about our benefits? Log in to your account and chat with us, call 888-811-5150, or submit your question here.